To help our children reach their maximum potential, Middlesbrough Council’s School Readiness team will support its Private, Voluntary and Independent sector (including childminders) by:
- Supporting settings who are at risk of slipping from a ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement
- Offering a relevant and appropriate CPD programme – please check the ‘Events’ section for upcoming training opportunities
- Carrying out safeguarding audits on all settings
- Support on how to access funded childcare in Middlesbrough
- Links with local Children’s centre sites
To access information on funded childcare and local Children’s centre sites, please visit the Family Service Directory website
For any other support contact Racheal_bell@middlesbrough.gov.uk
Racheal Bell – Assistant Team Manager Early Years Quality.
Education & Partnerships,
Hemlington Children’s Centre,
Cass House Road,
Telephone – 01642 513105
Mobile – 07881 354367
View the Middlesbrough PVI and Childminder e-bulletin
Words for Life website
The Words for Life website is an excellent tool for parents to learn how they can introduce their children to reading, poetry, new learning skills and much more with the overall aim of helping to raise national literacy levels.
The website is the National Literacy Trust’s website specifically for parents – please do encourage parents to visit this website.
Parents will be able to gain useful tips from top authors, find out about the latest ‘recommended reads’ that children will love, and there’s lots of fun information on family reading games and downloadable activities.
You can point families and parents to the Words For Life website.